Thursday, January 7, 2010

CHRISTMAS TREE?

From my apartment window I noticed a couple hanging things on a little tree in the distance.
It was a few days before Christmas and I thought, "I know it is not the custom here to decorate a tree but what are they doing?" I just had to know...... I took a little walk and.....
Upon closer examination..... I saw it was meat they were hanging.....pork....fish....
not at all what I was expecting. Apparently it is a tradition at this time of year to dry meat by hanging it in various locations. I watched the following few days as they faithfully took it down each evening and hung it back up each morning. I can't imagine the smell in their apartment through the night! I also wondered how they keep the neighborhood cats away from the tree. (Close up view) yum, yum....

No comments:

Post a Comment